- Clutch Reading Challenge 100 books to read by black female authors Go check out the list on Clutch. You can also check out the goodreads group by clicking here.
- Jane Austen Challenge: So this isn’t exactly a challenge but I do want to read the rest of Jane’s works this year. So far I have read Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility and I loved both. P&P is right now my favorite book (that could change anytime)
- Read in a more thoughtful way. OK so this is not so much a challenge either but an intention I have. Go to the post here to read why I chose to this and why I chose some of the other challenges on this list.
- BBC’s The Big Read. A list of the 100 most loved books in the UK. There are about 10 books on this list that I would really like to read this year. There are also tons of books I have no interest in on the list. And there are about 10 that I have already read.
- I want to read a total of 80 books this year. I have never really kept track of the number of books before and to be honest 80 was just a number that popped into my head when the goodreads challenge came up and, I went with it.
- Of the 80 books I am aiming for 60 of them to be either physical books or eBooks on my kindle. The other 20 I am reserving for new audiobooks.
- I want to read all of the physical books I own. This didn’t seem like such a big deal when I thought this up in January but now I’m not so sure it’s going to work. I am going to really try to do this one!!
- I want to finish the Anne Of Green Gables series of which I have read books 1&2
- I want to re-read the entire Kinsey Milhone series by Sue Grafton, the Goldy Bear series by Diane Davidson-Mott, and the Agatha Raisin series by M.C Beaton. Actually these are all books that I will listen to in audiobook format. I am not going to count any of these towards my 80 book goal they are extras.
So far that’s all I have but I reserve the right to change or add to these. I will check in at the end of each month with a summary of how I am doing on these challenges.
I have some fun things on tap for 2014.
First up I want to continue working on the Clutch 100 Black Women authors list I started at the beginning of 2013. Click here to see the post on Clutch Magazine and click here to see the list and what books I’ve read so far.
Last up I have decided to join a TBR challenge. There are a lot of them out there and this was the one I liked the best. Click here to see the challenge and here to see my post about joining.
Those are the official challenges I have joined . I also set a goodreads goal to read 80 books.
I am also looking to focus on reading books written mostly by POC.
I want to focus some reading on a couple other subjects those are Slavery and The Great Migration. 2013 was a pretty good reading year for me and I am aiming to make 2014 even better!
Hope you have a great 2014 and meet all your reading goals if you have any.