So what is Bout OF Books you ask?
Well The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team.
Well folks I have decided to participate in my second Bout Of Books read-a-thon. The first time around I did just OK but not anywhere near my goal. This time around they are holding the read-a-thon during the 2 weeks I will have off of work. So my intention is to read, read, read. Last time I participated I set a goal of 6 specific books and a few runners up if I finished. I ended up reading something like 5 books but only 3 of them were from the list. Funny thing is 1 of them I am still reading! I have been “reading” Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen for MONTHS! I keep picking it up reading a few pages and then putting it down for weeks. I am actually having the same relationship with Jane Eyre right now. I would like to finish both of them this week but I’ve been planning to finish them for months so ya know it’s iffy. So now for specific goals.
1. Read 6 books
2. Participate in at least 1 challenge
3. Participate in 1 twitter chat
And now here are the books I want to read. I have more than 6 on the list but they are all books that haven been on my TBR for a while. They are also all books I own.
- A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry
- To Be Young Gifted and Black by Lorraine Hansberry
- If You Ever Tell by Carlene Thompson
- Pigs Have Wings by P.G. Wodehouse
- The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
- The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
- Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
- I Never Promised You A Rose Garden by Joanne Greenberg
- 32 Candles by Ernessa T Carter
- Precious by Precious Williams
- Devil In a Blue Dress by Walter Mosley